Friday, November 15, 2013

Top 10 Korean Romance Comedy Movies

I've always loved watching Romantic Comedies. There really is such a unique feeling when watching Romance movies with a hint of light-heartedness. I found this genre especially appealing when I started watching Korean Romance Comedies when I was younger. In my circle of (mostly girl) friends, I have found no one who disliked these kinds of movies even though they're sometimes "cliché." It just makes hopeless romantics like me feel all giddy inside. As I have watched quite a number of these movies, I could recommend some of my all time favorites. Most of these favorites are old ones or those "starting points" of those K-movie fanatics. I also chose these movies because they are those which have the elements of a Romantic Comedy. I will also recommend some of the good romance movies which are not much of a rom-com.

1. My Sassy Girl (2001)



Based on an internet novel, this movie is popular not only amongst K-movie fanatics, but also those who enjoy watching Romance Comedies of any origin. This movie was re-made into a Hollywood movie of the same title, so some are probably familiar of it. For those who are not familiar, this movie is about a strong, bold woman who becomes the girlfriend of a timid guy. It is indeed touching, romantic, and at the same time hilarious as hell. This movie, being number one in my list, will not disappoint rom-com lovers.


2. Windstruck (2004)


Windstruck is said to be the prequel of My Sassy Girl because of elements which connects it to the other movie. However, it's not completely its prequel and it stands on its own. It has its own charm as a movie. This is much more romantic than funny and what I love about this is how it touches your heart after watching. The movie's about destiny and how these two different people (a female cop and a male teacher) fell for each other.

3. Speedy Scandal (2008)


One of my favorite movies of all time. It is placed third, however, because it's not much romance between a woman and a man as it is much more about family. What I love about this movie is its unique take on family relationships: a really young single dad who already has a grandson. Guaranteed to make you feel crying and laughing all throughout the movie.

4. Love, So Divine (2004)


I watched this movie way back in high school and I still can't forget the feeling when I watched it. My heart felt like it was overwhelmed with emotions that I really can't forget it until today. This movie is about a seminarian who, with a course of events, falls in love with a girl just before he becomes a priest.

5. My Little Bride (2004)




I'm not much a fan of boy meets girl love story compared to known-each-other-for-a-long-time love story, that's why I love this. Tackles the topic of arranged marriage in modern society, early marriage, and huge age gap in love. This movie is cute and light.



A movie that questions the standards of beauty. Quite touching and sure to provide a lesson to the viewers.


First movie that I watched based on an internet novel by Guiyeoni. Most suckers for bad boys would love this movie I suppose. Innocent girl meets bad boy from other school.

8. 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant (2004)


This movie is also based from a popular internet novel and of course, is popular among those who love "bad boy" type of guys. High school girl becomes errand girl for a mean college guy.


Who would be able to resist this adorable baby and handsome man? This movie full of cute and cuddly scenes is about a high school guy taking care of an abandoned baby which is said to be his own child.

10. Do re mi fa so la ti do (2008)

Also from an internet novel by Guiyeoni, this movie is about a charming, yet quite arrogant guy who falls in love with a strong-willed girl. Quite serious for a high school movie yet touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment